Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Choosing Your Photographer" Lesson #5

Here are a few questions you may want to remember when you are shopping for a wedding photographer.

  1. Does the price include everything, from engagement photos to reception coverage?
  2. Do I get any free black & white photos for the newspaper announcements?
  3. Are all photos retouched & enhanced before they are received by a customer?
  4. Are ANY photos retouched & enhanced or straight out of the camera? (Let them know you can tell the difference - click here to see a samples post).
  5. Are special effects included?
  6. Is there a limit on the number of special effect photos I can get at no charge? If yes, how much are extras?
  7. Is an engagement session, formal bridal, final fitting, bridal luncheon, etc., included or are those extra?
  8. How many hours do I get?
  9. Are those hours JUST wedding day coverage only?
  10. Can I choose what items I want in my package/plan?
  11. If no, why not?
  12. I want a nice coffee-table album. Can I help design it?
  13. Do you offer several options for albums or must I take what you have in your package?
  14. If I want to do a silly engagement session...is that ok? Is that extra?
  15. Do you do a slide show presentation at the reception?
  16. Do you offer my friends and family the ability to view the slide show on your website...for FREE?
  17. Do you offer my friends and family to view an online album of my wedding...for FREE?
  18. Do you offer the ability to purchase the slide show on a DVD?
  19. Do you offer Gift Certificates...online...so family and friends can help pay for my photography?
  20. Are you set in the pictures you take, or can family and friends request photos at the wedding and reception?
  21. How many hours will you invest in my wedding photography (that's pre & post production, etc)?

(I will try and think of more - email me if you have some to list)