Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beautiful Painting


Almost looks so photographic. It was painted by John Godward around 1906.

It just touches me somehow. I wonder what she is thinking. Of love, love-lost or love endured forever.

I like shooting weddings because I sometimes get all wrapped-up in the reasons we are all there. It is not just another wedding, more often than not it is a wish that is long gone for me, but also a wish of things to come for the couple.

I received an email yesterday, from someone who touched me emotionally in such a significant way, so long, long ago. Just a one sentence email, disguised to others, and hidden just for me to see and understand, and I do.

I wanted to publicly say "thank you". But that seems so insignificant. It is not meant to be that way. Oh, so many wishes there. So many regrets. That one sentence has been returned to you so many times before and now. My brain now just incapable of keeping up with the years. I could not even begin to tell you how long it has been.

And if you have never really received a love letter, let this be the one. To have and to cherish. To read when I am gone. To hope for and dream with when all hope seems to be gone.

Take care my friend.