Friday, January 09, 2009

Educational Moment...

I like to do a fair amount of "artsy" stuff when I photograph. The picture to the left (that's <--- that way) is a good example (and yes it is 4:07 AM). People think they are really neat. But more often than not, they will purchase a print on regular luster or glossy paper...ummm...NO000!! While you can purchase it on anything you want, the BEST paper types to print it on would be:

  • Matte (I call that 'Fine Art-Light')
  • Real Fine Art paper ( I usually recommend the Hahnemule- William Turner paper)
These papers give the print a real fine art look (I know-duh) AND it will last a butt-load longer (can I say that?).

If you get a fine art print on FINE ART paper please make sure that you ALWAYS mat it and use a non-glare glass (the non-glare glass just looks better). You are paying a premium for the print, you might as well make it last longer than you will!

NEVER, EVER place glass directly on top of a print no matter what paper you are using, but ESPECIALLY fine art paper. I don't care what the frame-making person says.

Ok, you can go back to sleep, I am back to work.




www.dugganstudio.com