Sunday, September 24, 2006

YES!!!

Yes, it is 2:59am and I have been messing with a new toy. After wasting at least 10 CDs (and a few hours) trying to get everything correct, I have mastered the software, more of less.

This will be so cool. Now when a bride calls wanting information, I will send her this CD that contains all the information she could ever need, PLUS a copy of the contract...to sign...(it could happen).

Right now I have buttons to view the letter I send out; view a WebShow sample; view the Choosing a Photographer newsletter; View the Catalog (price list postcard); view and print the contract; click to link to the website; or send me an email.

I have been working all evening on this trying to get a sample WebShow burned on the CD so people can view a sample if they do not have access to the internet. All the documents were no problem to link. Had a few issues but after actually reading the...ummmm...first page...ummmm...of the directions, everything sort of became clear.

The best news is, brides keep asking me for a copy of their WebShow and I have always had to tell them the software was limitations, in that it would not allow me to burn it to a CD or DVD. Well, now I can with this 3rd party software. There are a few issues, but it will work on a CD only...sorry no DVDs, yet. Right now if you want a DVD I can try and mimic the WebShow but it will be different.

This is similar to the splash screen you get when you are loading new software on your computer. Same concept.

This will be so great at bridal shows or just in the studio presentation. Plus, I can do a CD with just WebShow samples and list them and they just click to watch which one they want.

If I don't calm down I may see myself getting in the car and going to Wal-Mart to by CDs...Sunday is burning CD day!