Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lost Loves...

Do you have a lost love? I know I do. I do not know where she is right now (in Louisiana) but I pray she is having a wonderful life. I had her complete love and trust, but just couldn't let go of my apprehension, mistrust, etc....(previous divorce...yuke).

I suppose that is why I secretly enjoy photographing weddings and all the engagement stuff before the wedding. I like to see people in love. I have had only one couple a little nervous about holding each other in public. Most are pretty good about doing what seems to be silly things during an engagement session. I usually have a plan...somewhat...of what I want to use the photos for.

My daughters will probably have a mild-to-mid-level heart attack, but I miss being in love. I have this "attitude" you know.

As an old(er) person...and very wise, I look back and see all the times I missed out on forever love. More often than not, you cannot get it back.

I like to capture a lot of the little things at a wedding, or with couple stuff. I have had brides get a little startled with, "...what are you doing?" questions. I tell them it is part of the story and they will understand.

A lot of the photographs I take may not be significant, or may even seem dumb and silly when viewed by themselves. But when you use it with some text, poem, Bible verse, or with other photos to help tell a story, their purpose is quiet clear.

Love is something no one can take from you, but you can loose it through neglect, apathy or being stupid. Always remember where it is. Always.