Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Almost time...

Both daughters are getting married Saturday (October 27, 2007). Is this what death row feels like? Must be close, at least.

I am very sad tonight, albeit a part of life that it is. We have been through so much together in the last few years. Time and events that have brought us so close. Closer than we have ever been. This special time together, I am so grateful I can be a part of and contribute the very best that I can, in what I do. All that I am and have become has brought me to this moment in time. I pray I am prepared.

I am preparing their reception WebShow. I have no doubt that is enhancing my feelings now.

That process is always a big deal, if I am using a new song. The files to be used must be prepared, the song played over and over to get the timing right and count the files I will need (or approximate number).

I tend to play the song over and over and over. Listening to every change, every nuance of the music, to determine how I want the photos to transition. I sometimes spend just as much time on a WebShow as I do on preparing and retouching the actual photographs. I actually started this process, of selecting the song and preparing mentally what I wanted to do, many weeks ago.

But this WebShow has to be special. It will be a Father's Farewell.

I love you both very much.