Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Editing Daughters' Pictures

I am in the process of editing, retouching and enhancing the remainder of the wedding pictures of my daughters. This can be a very tedious task, especially if I get inspired to do something special like I did with this photograph.

I have started with the pre-ceremony photos and will add them to the website in groups as I get them done. So check back and see what's been added.

There are quite a few I need to review and determine what I need to do with them.

I go through all the photographs and determine which ones I can fix, ones to discard (I keep a full set of all pictures on backup) and then determine what I need to do with the file to enhance it.

Some I do not do much of anything to them, but be assurd if someone wants to purchase a photograph, it gets the full treatment before I let it out the door.

The DVD of the reception WebShow turned out really nice. It comes in a black case with a photograph of Michelle and Ashley on the inside cover. A few different pictures were added and some enhanced so it is even better than what was shown at the reception.

If you would like to buy one (it is discounted) click the down-arrow button in the lower-righthand portion of the show. This will take you to the website that actually creates the DVD. It will be sent directly to you. If you want to download a version for your iPod you can do that there also. If you order an iPod download, you will receive an email within 24 hours (or so) that you can click to download.

I will be putting together individual WebShows for both couples AS SOON AS THEY GET ME THEIR SONGS...I REPEAT, AS SOON AS THEY GET ME THEIR SONGS.

The one I did at the reception was a Father's Farewell, so it was more of a message/tribute from me to Michelle and Ashley. The individual WebShows will be featuring each couple, AS SOON AS THEY GET ME THEIR SONGS.

The picture that is posted here, of Ashley getting dressed, is a Gothic Oil technique. I find it quite amazing how a rather mundane photograph can become so special when something like this is done to it. It becomes a true work of art.

Just wanted to post an update.