Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Fine Art Gallery Almost Open!


Tony at ArtwoRX has talked me into doing some Fine Art prints. So, it is all his fault.

I have created a new web page to display the prints. These are prints which are printed on very, very, very high quality paper (watercolor, fine art or canvas) with archival ink.

I had previously printed some of Allison Champion's wedding photos on fine art paper and WOW!!! I cannot tell you in words what the quality is like. You just have to see it. It looks like a piece of artwork. The fine art paper just snaps the colors out and the details in the photograph are just incredible.

This can be an expensive printing process since you want to get everything right. It may take multiple printings before you can truly see a fine art print. Compared to regular paper, fine art, watercolor and artist canvas papers are very expensive. You usually buy it in packs of 10 sheets as compared to 50-100 sheet packs for regular paper. When you add the time and expense of printing multiple times to get the perfect print, the costs are way higher than just printing a wedding photo on luster paper.

The prints will last a very long time. Depending on what the print is, i.e. watercolor, oil, etc. will determine the paper type.

The picture you see here is what I call "light painting." Similar to the painter who "paints with light..." if you know what I mean.

I can assure you the original photograph looked absolutely nothing like this print. Truly amazing how it turns out. Takes some time, because you have to do a lot of work to get it to look like this.

I am still working on the website, but some prints have been uploaded. I will have the links ready for pricing, etc. perhaps today or tomorrow. I still have some studio wedding printing to get done, so I need to work on that first. So, check back. Oh, I take credit cards, and you can order online!!!